- To assure the rigour of scientific investigation at IARC by providing a biostatistics resource;
- To collaborate with investigators across the agency to optimize the design, conduct and analysis of epidemiological and laboratory studies;
- To develop novel methods of analysis where these are called for by scientific questions addressed within IARC;
- To facilitate collaboration and communication between IARC scientists and external specialists in statistics, bio informatics or numerical modeling;
- To provide a supportive forum for the professional development of statisticians and other numerically oriented scientists working within the various research interests at IARC.