Infections and Cancer Biology Group
- Functional studies of oncoproteins from several viruses (e.g. cutaneous and mucosal HPV types, EBV, and MCPyV) to identify biological activities involved in cellular transformation and evasion of the innate immunity
- Evaluation of the impact of environmental factors on virus-mediated carcinogenesis
- Development of novel diagnostic tools for cancer-associated viruses
- Epidemiological studies to determine the prevalence of infectious agents in human tissues
- Determination of the role of tumour suppressors in virus-induced and non-virus-induced carcinogenesis.