Section of Infections - Infections and Cancer Biology Group
Current Research Topics:
1. Functional studies of oncoproteins from several viruses (e.g. cutaneous and mucosal HPV types, EBV and HBV) to identify biological activities involved in cellular transformation and evasion of the innate immunity
2. Characterization of intratype variations (polymorphisms) of mucosal high-risk HPV types and their impact on the clinical outcome of HPV infection
3. Development of novel diagnostic tools for cancer-associated viruses
4. Epidemiological studies to determine the prevalence of infectious agents in human tissues
5. Determination of the role of tumour suppressors in virus- and non-virus induced carcinogenesis.